Band Parent Organization
Welcome to the Band Parents Group! You're invited to our family because you have a student in BC band and/or color guard!
Mission: Our mission is to support the music program at BCCHS and make the Mr. Dean’s job easier through five main methods:
- Culture (Fun, team work, encouragement, importance of music, performance excellence)
- Communication (Coordination via emails, meetings to discuss and decide, schedules, electronic signups)
- Helpful Logistics (Pull the trailer, sunscreen, sun canopy, uniforms, electronic signups)
- Food and Drink (Water, soda, Gatorade, cooked meals, purchased meals, treats)
- Equipment and Financial Support (Monetary donations, loaning coolers and other gear)
How to get involved:
- If you like to cook, volunteer to lead or assist in cooking an entree’, side, or dessert.
- If you are good at organizing, help with logistics, uniforms, and the like.
- If you like to go on trips, help with away games, band trips, and competitions.
- If you do not really care what you do, just show up and help where needed.
It is that easy!! What better way to stay involved in the lives of our children than to support what they love to do?
To be a parent volunteer, you must be Virtus certified. A list of volunteers is needed before each event to ensure that our students are protected. Please register at virtus.org to signup for a class. Getting certified is easy!
South Central District - KMEA
Drum Corps International
Drums Across Kansas
Damm Music Center