Health Academy allows selected BCCHS students to attend class and shadow doctors and nurses at Via Christi Hospital. Students observe surgeries, therapy and other patient care and complete a college medical terminology course.
St. Gianna Health Academy Facts:
- 12 students
- Karla Denlinger is course instructor
- students have the option of enrolling in either fall or spring semesters
This course is designed to introduce high school juniors and seniors to the various fields of technical and skill trades such as electrician, plumber, carpenter and more. It will focus on various careers that may not require a four-year college degree but may require a post-secondary vocational or apprenticeship program.
St. Joseph Construction Science Trade Academy Facts
- 1st year at BCCHS
- 24 students enrolled
- course instructed by Al Rohleder
- students have the option of enrolling in course both fall and spring semesters
Project Lead the Way (PLTW) is the leading provider of rigorous and innovative Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education curricular programs used in middle and high schools across the nation.
Project Lead the Way Facts:
- 70 students enrolled
- Eric Weber and Ryan Biedron teach the courses
- course are offered both fall and spring semesters
Teaching Academy is an innovative partnership of our Catholic community, Newman University and BCCHS that supports parishes in low-income communities. The outcomes of the Teach Academy are aimed at achieving a pipeline of teachers for the Catholic community.
Tom Seiler Teaching Academy Facts:
- named after former BCCHS instructor, Tom Seiler
- 10 students enrolled
- Barry Newell is the instructor
- only offered in the fall semester